1. Incredible Plant-Based Desserts: Colorful Vegan Cakes, Cookies, Tarts, and other Epic Delights (hardcover)
In Incredible Plant-Based Desserts, Instagram star Anthea Cheng shares her trade-secret recipes for fun and showstopping vegan sweet treats that are seriously luscious, mouthwatering, and beautiful.
Whether you are an eager home cook or a more experienced chef, Anthea shows you that sponge cakes can still be fluffy and moist and pastry can still melt in your mouth without animal-derived ingredients.Find playful, modern spins on classic desserts, such as fail-safe tiramisu trifles topped with caramelized popcorn or Snickers transformed into a multi-layered cake with peanut brittle. For when life gets busy, simplify with recipes like three-ingredient pancakes and fruit-filled muffins. If you want something indulgent, the Homer Simpson pink donuts, baklava custard tart, and chocolate brownie peanut butter sandwich cookies are for you. You’ll also find wholesome choices like a berry chocolate mousse tart and cupcakes with rainbow cashew buttercream.
Anthea has carefully selected ingredients to ensure you won’t accumulate odd, once-used stuff in your pantry. And with plenty of options for people avoiding gluten, refined sugar, nuts, and other common allergens, no one misses out on the deliciousness. All of the recipes have been tested and approved by vegans and non-vegans alike.
Accompanied by stunning photography, these recipes will bring some magic to your every day, dinner table, or special occasion.
Anthea Cheng is a chef, food photographer, food stylist, and recipe developer based in Canberra, Australia. In her first book, Incredible Plant-Based Desserts, Anthea shares a collection of simple to sophisticated vegan desserts with plenty of gluten-free, refined sugar–free and allergy-friendly options, including trade-secret recipes from her boutique cake business. She runs a popular blog Rainbow Nourishments, has a strong presence on social media, and hosts workshops and pop-up events internationally. Driven by her previous studies and work in humanitarian issues, she is passionate about helping her community through light discussions about well-being and environmental issues.
If you have purchased Incredible Plant-based Desserts, please note the following book updates:
- Page 90: The ingredients for the ‘base’ should say ‘… pitted dates, soaked in water for at least 4 hours’
- Page 104: The ingredients list for the ‘Notella Cheesecake Layer’ should also include 1/4 cup (20g) raw cacao or cocoa powder
- Page 113: In the ‘How to Customize’ section, the last paragraph should be changed to: For a gluten-free cake, substitute the self-rising flour with 1 ½ cups (240 g) white rice flour and 1 cup (136 g) gluten-free flour blend, increase the baking powder to 4 teaspoons (18 g), and add a pinch of salt.
Sorry for any inconvenience!
2. Nourishing Treats (ebook)
Nourishing Treats shares some of the most requested recipes from Anthea’s cake business and tips about preparing desserts. All of the recipes are vegan (free from all animal products like dairy, eggs and honey), gluten free, refined sugar free and mostly raw. The book contains:
- 25 vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free and mostly raw recipes
- Recipe chapters include: Snacks and Morsels, Tarts and Small Cakes, Raw Cheesecakes, Frozen Treats and Condiments
- Guide on how to decorate cakes
- Anthea’s story and how Rainbow Nourishments started
- Anthea’s food philosophy and why she is vegan
- Explanation of essential equipment and pantry items
- Recipe FAQs
- Suggestions on what to do with leftover ingredients
To purchase Nourishing Treats, click below: